One of my favorite, and very simple dishes that feels fancy, but is quite reasonably priced to make. (I.e., cheap!)
Black Lentil Paté Recipe
- 2 cups cooked black lentils, drained. Recommended well-cooked, but not overdone.
My favorite are the Black Caviar Lentil from Rancho Gordo!
- 4 finely diced cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of a tasty olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons black pepper
That’s it! Smash or blend to your desired texture.
I like it served with toast points and a side of steamed asparagus spears…delicious and light but filling…